Do you want to explore the Linux features on your Android Device? Then you are in the right place for this. Here I’m gonna share with you how to install Kali Linux on Android Devices. Let’s gets started…
Kali Linux is one of the best operating systems of white hat hackers, security researchers, and pentesters. It offers an advanced penetration testing tool and its ease of use means that it should be a part of every security professional’s toolbox. So let’s get started to install this beast on your Device.
Requirements for Installing Kali Linux in Android Device
- Rooted Android Device
- BusyBox Installer
- Linux Deploy
- Android VNC Viewer
- 4GB Free Space on your External Memory
- High-Speed Internet Connection
Read More: Best Android Apps not Available on PlayStore
Steps to Install Kali Linux on Android Device
STEP 1: Rooting Android Device
To Install Kali Linux you need to Root your android device by King Root application or search root file based on your device. Files to root devices are different for each device. So I can’t share it here. You can try the King Root app for easy one-click root. But some device is not supported by King Root.
Warning: Rooting may cause your device damage and will void the warranty. Do it at your own risk
STEP 2: Installing BusyBox
First of all, you need to install UNIX Scripts into our device using the BusyBox Installer app.
BusyBox installer”> BusyBox is a software application that provides many standard Unix tools, much like the larger (but more capable) GNU Core Utilities.
About BusyBox Installer
BusyBox should be installed on every rooted phone. Because every rooted application needs BusyBox to perform their magic.
- BusyBox is the fastest and no.1 trusted BusyBox installer and uninstaller app currently in the Play Store. Having over 20 million installs and 100,000 5star ratings.
- Its support arm and intel based device and dev are testing on MIPS based device hope we will get MIPS support from BusyBox.
- This app is also the winner or best Utility Software award for Android via Handster.
- This app is the only one installer available in PlayStore which is totally Ad-free and doesn’t require the internet permission.
Download the app from this link and install it. After that open the app and follow the given steps.
- Choose the BusyBox Version from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the install button
- It will download the scripts to be install.
- After installing you will get the success message.
Now you have successfully installed BusyBox in your Android Device.
Note: If the installing fails you need to choose different BusyBox versions.
STEP 3: Configure Linux Deploy
About Linux Deploy
Linux Deploy is the Official app to Download and installs Kali Linux in Android. This App creates a disk image on a flashcard, mounts it and installs OS distribution. Applications of the new system are run in a chroot environment and working together with the Android Platform So all the changes made are reversible.
Features of Linux Deploy
- Supported Distributions:- Debian, Kali Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Gentoo, Slackware, Fedora, Arch Linux, RootFS (tgz, tbz2, txz)
- Installation Type:- File, RAM, Directory, Partition
- Supported File System:- ext2, ext3, and ext4
- Supported Architectures:- ARM, ARM64, x86, x86_64, emulation mode (ARM~x86)
- I/O interfaces:- SSH, VNC, CLI, X server, Framebuffer
- Management Interfaces:- Android Terminal (ADB), Telnet, Web browser (web terminal)
- Desktop Environment:- XTerm, LXDE, Xfce, MATE, Manual Config
“This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under license GPLv3.”
Important Links for Linux Deploy:
So, Download the app and install it in your Android and follow the steps given below:
Read More: Best Mods for Android you must need
- Tap the properties icon it will open the properties screen.
- In properties select the distribution to be install.
- Leave some settings to be the default and select the desktop environment to GNOME.
- Select all the components in Components Menu.
- In the GUI setting just interchange the height and width values.
- Now select the install button then OK.
- Now the installation process starts to be patient for the installation process to complete. It takes too much time to complete and prevent the incoming SMS and Voice Calls or Turn off the SIM and use WiFi to download because the interception of cellular data leads to cancellation of the download process.
- I can’t add the screenshot of the completed process because I already did it. Now tap the START button and tap OK it will mount the Linux File.
- Note the IP address in the top left corner of Linux deploy it changes periodically.
STEP 4: (Configure Android VNC)
Now open the Android VNC Viewer, Enter Nickname and password the default password for Kali Linux ischangeme and give the IP address copied from Linux deploy for me it is 192.168.1.35 and the port is 5900 and username is android and then the color is 24-bit color(4bpp). Finally, tap the Connect button you will see the Kali Linux in your android device
STEP5 (You are Done Now)
To close the Kali Linux, exit from the VNC viewer and then go to Linux Deploy and simply tap the Stop Button and the OK it will close the Mounted Image. You can use the Linux Penetration Testing on your android phone and it is most popular for cyber hacking ischangeme and give the IP address copied from Linux deploy for me it is 192.168.1.35 and the port is 5900 and username is android and then the color is 24-bit color(4bpp). Finally, tap the Connect button you will see the Kali Linux in your android device.
That’s how you can install Kali Linux on your Android Device. Now you can run Kali Linux on your device. I hope you guys enjoyed this article and thanks a lot for reading. Also, comment down below your experience with Kali Linux on Android. Also if you got any problem with installing Linux then you can directly mail or message me on social sites or comment down I will surely reply to your comment and try my best to solve your problem. If you want more articles like this then don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and enable notification bell icon to get notified when I post a new article here.